Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Redneck "Bleeper"?

It seems that when I fire a piezoelectric grill lighter near my TV tuner, it interferes with the picture a little and cuts out the sound for a about one syllable's length of time.  Another lighter on another tuner seems to just make a brief horizontal line on the screen but not so effective with cutting the sound.  Must be some radio-frequency emission in that electrical pulse? The effect happened on the 3 channels I tried. I do not really have a picture for that experiment, so I will use this pic of a fiery demo. The Bradley University Chemistry Club Demo Crew had their 120th show on Wednesday.  Thank God, we finally reached the 10,000 customer mark.  I was acting as the spotter as a student squirted water into burning liquid wax. If overdone, the flames could probably hit the lecture hall ceiling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment